Sunday, September 28, 2014

Diving In.


Now that my machine is running I’ve spent some time randomly stitching things together.  For my first actual sewing project I created a travel pillow for my brother-in-law. Some time ago he gave me a pants leg from his favorite blue jeans that he had worn to pieces. I turned that pants leg into a simple travel pillow for camping.  It is not a masterpiece but it is a start!

The next project I tackled was incredibly simple. I have found that despite my best intentions I don’t wear straight lightweight scarves. It doesn’t matter how many I buy or how many are gifted to me, they sit my closet. If it’s not a circular scarf, it’s not going to see the light of day.  So I sat down on a Shonda Rhimes Thursday and slowly stitched my straight scarves into circles using an overcast stitch for a great seam.  Success! 







No comments:

Post a Comment